• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone else use olive oil for their hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pet Sounds

Bluelighter
Good stuff. Every once in a while my hair will get dry because I have to use shampoo everyday, so I like to put a little bit of olive oil in it, let it sit for about an hour, and then go wash it out with just water. In the morning I shampoo the rest out. Makes your hair shiny, soft, pretty much as perfect as it can get.

If you've never tried this I highly suggest it. :D

I do once in a while. Its pretty good. I prefer using coconut oil though....!

olive oil in hair.....

that sounds like a recipe for premature male pattern baldness

Thanks for the tip!! My hair is pretty long so its been through some damage, and ive tried like 100000 shampoos trying to find one that will make it shine and look healthy.

I'll give this a try. Does it matter which kind you use?

Never tried it for my hair, but I do like to rub it on my elbows and knees and feet in the winter. Sometimes my skin just gets so incredibly dry that using the oil makes it nice and soft. I use it on my feet and put cotton socks over them, and then go to sleep and wake up with the most softest feet ever

:D

That sounds like it would make hair greasy? I have oily hair, but it's reeeally long, so the top needs to be washed to get rid of the oil while the ends are more dry. I can't sleep if I don't wash my hair every day.

Lysis, the way to solve that is to work it in from the tips and work your way up but dont go all the way up to the scalp. I used to have the same problem.

Theres lots of oils that would work with. I love olive oil but I dont really use it outside of cooking because its kind of expensive. There are lots of other oils that are a little cheaper. I have one that has a kind of toasty nut smell.

I use coconut oil and olive oil, but recently (last night) decided that sweet almond or jojoba oils work much better. They are easier to wash off, are better absorbed by the hair, etc. Coconut oil tends to weigh my hair down since I don't use a "regular" shampoo.

I use coconut oil and olive oil, but recently (last night) decided that sweet almond or jojoba oils work much better. They are easier to wash off, are better absorbed by the hair, etc. Coconut oil tends to weigh my hair down since I don't use a "regular" shampoo.

I've been using olive and coconut as well, I'm gonna check out the almond oil....Yuuuuum:D

i like to use it on my face occasionally, almost any soap or lotion will mess my skin all up, but olive oil * a little * is nice.

No, but I use jojoba oil after I get out of the shower. It weighs my hair down a bit, which is what I want since I have hella hair. I have been meaning to try coconut oil for a while.

Dtergent, interesting suggestion to use almond oil. I have some that I use for cooking and occasionally my hands, but never thought to put it in my hair.

Warning: do not use flaxmeal in your shower. It will clog your drain. >< Flax oil might be good though.

i like to use it on my face occasionally, almost any soap or lotion will mess my skin all up, but olive oil * a little * is nice.

I have been using olive oil and tea tree oil on my face for about six months now and I will never ever use soap on my face again. I wish i discovered this sooner.

I used olive oil in my hair and now I can see through my pillow!

Status
Not open for further replies.